Calhoun Property Management, Inc. (CPM) welcomes applicants who would like to hold an aPodment® Suite for a future move-in date. We offer this option for those who want to plan their move-in several months in advance.
Steps required to hold a unit managed by CPM
- Read our Resident Qualifications Summary to make sure you are qualified to rent from us. You must read this document before you can apply.
- Complete the application (link is found at bottom of Resident Qualifications Summary) and pay the $40 screening fee. Then submit the necessary documentation via the DocuSign email you’ll receive upon completion — or send documents directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pay the $250 hold fee via the link sent to you by the leasing manager who’s working with you. If you are not interested in renting a unit at one or more of the properties we manage, you may identify any property you are not interested in before you pay the hold fee.
- Your application will be processed and you will be notified of the final decision. If your application is not approved, the $250 hold fee will be refunded in full.
- If your application is approved and your desired move-in date is more than 2 months in the future, we will contact you 30–40 days before your preleasing month to confirm your continued interest. At that time we may update your rental history verification and request current paystubs. (If during this second review we determine that you are no longer eligible to rent from us, your $250 hold fee will be returned in full.)
- The office will contact you with the specific available units by the 11th of the month before your desired move-in month. To reserve your specific unit, you will pay your first month’s rent. Units are first come, first served, so be sure to promptly confirm your selected unit for the office and initiate your payment as soon as possible.
- The office will contact you to schedule your move-in appointment once the earliest available move-in date for your unit has been confirmed. You will have already paid your first month’s rent and your $250 security deposit (unless you’ve chosen a unit that qualifies for security-deposit installments and you elect to pay your security deposit in installments per Addendum J of your lease, in which case the $250 hold fee will be applied toward one-fourth of your $250 security deposit and the balance will be credited toward your second month’s rent, thus reducing the balance owed before move-in by $187.50). If you decide NOT to choose a unit or stay on our preleasing list, your hold fee will NOT be refunded.
Your $250 hold fee secures your opportunity to lease a unit in your price range and your preferred neighborhood (or as close to that neighborhood as possible).
While we can’t guarantee you a unit in a specific building, we do generally know how many units will be opening up each month in each neighborhood. If you prefer a specific building and we don’t have units coming available there, you’ll be able to select a unit in your price range that’s in a nearby building. All of our buildings are very close to major bus lines and business districts.
We have 2 general price ranges.
While each building has a variety of layouts, our standard suites in all of our buildings generally range from $800–1050 and our premium suites, which include most of our lofts, range from $1050–1300. A balanced split of standard and premium units will be opening each month.
Our leases start on the 1st of the month (or as soon as the unit is move-in ready).
If you’re moving mid-month, you have 2 options: either (1) pay for the entire month and move in whenever you arrive, or (2) sign up for the following month’s list of availability and find other accommodations until your unit becomes available. Whichever option you choose, you can start the preleasing process now.
Our leases end on the last day of the month.
If you’re leaving mid-month, you have 2 options: either (1) schedule your move out for the last day of the month before the month you’re leaving (e.g., July 31 if you leave August 12) and find other accommodations for the final few weeks you’re in town, or (2) pay all of your final month’s rent (e.g., pay for all of August even if you move out on the 12th). If you choose the 2nd option and we re-rent your unit that same month, you’ll get a rent refund that will be prorated from when the new lease begins (e.g., if you pay all of August and move out on the 12th, and then we re-rent your unit and the new lease begins on the 15th, you will be refunded 17 days’ worth of prorated rent because the new resident will be paying 17 days of prorated rent).
Our standard lease is 5 months.
We do offer the option of shortening your lease for an additional one-time upfront rental payment. If you only plan on renting for 4 months, you can pay an additional $250 to sign a 4-month lease. If you’re here for 3 months, you can pay an additional $500 for a 3-month lease. For 2 months, it’s an extra $750 up front.